Followers

Monday 13 October 2014

Nature's great masterpiece...

..... just has to be the elephant in my eyes....such wonderful creatures.  We can all learn so much from them.  Its animal week over at Tando and I have used Karen's Elephant (yes that's me) from the ZOO SET LARGE to make up one of Tando's LARGE ARCHES into a wall hanging.  These arches measure approx. 7inches high so are a good size to work on and come in a pack of two for under £2....bargain!


To make the background I covered it with bits of an old book page before sloshing on different Fresco paints until I was happy!  Then I used the SEQUIN WASTE MASK/STENCIL to add some large dots which I quickly drew around with a white pen.  The elephant has been painted with two layers of paint and, while it was still damp, dabbed with some paper towel.  I added a little bit of doodling with my white pen here and there. All the edges have been coloured with some chocolate paint.

The frame has been painted with Smoked Paprika and Dusty Teal with a layer of Crackle Glaze in between to make it look all worn.

Here are the TANDO CREATIVE goodies that  used:




 
I found this lovely quote by John Donne at Google.  The other products that I used are:
 
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints: Dusty Teal, Smoked Paprika, Stone, Yellow Submarine, Crackle Glaze
Brilliance DewDrop: Pearlescent Chocolate
White pen
 
Thank you so much for coming by, take care out there xxx
 

4 comments:

Diane Warburton said...

Pearlescent chocolate sounds fab! :-)

Kaz said...

I really love this, all that crackle and texture xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! Stunning background and arch Karen. Love your heffalump, he's a cutie pie ♥

Gez xx

http://3littlebirdsstudio.blogspot.co.uk/

Cocofolies said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS. Love, love, love this Karen... Find your arches with animals fantastic in general!!! I think I should have taken your "Zoo set large" when I was in the DT! :) On my wishlist now sweetie, I will take it when I will place an order to Di very soon I hope. Take care, Hugs xx