Followers

Saturday 29 May 2021

Seashell Starshine!

 Hello folks!  Over a year since I blogged last but to be honest I needed to take that break plus I think a lot of us didn't feel like it during the last year!  

We have a massive cellar filled with old family stuff which all needs sorting and clearing.  Having a rummage the other day I came across a carrier bag full of shells which my late father-in-law must have picked up years ago.  I didn't feel it was right to just throw them away so they were cleaned and put to use.  The leftovers will be passed to young family for other crafts.

I made a 12x12inch hanging for the garden!


The base is acrylic painted MDF . The shells were attached with a glue gun and then everything was given a few coats of satin varnish.  I used wire to hang it.  It looks lovely against our fence and really makes me smile!

The limpets were strung to make wind chimes and were varnished to bring out the colours .



I am entering the Sun Hanging into a new challenge blog called River of Creativity.  It brilliant because you can make anything you like!

I know not many people are using blogger these days but if you do pop by , a big thank you

Karen x

5 comments:

Zoechaos said...

How magical and what a lovely discovery. You seashell sunshine is totally unique just like you my friend. Blog land does come with a health warning, I left for 2 years came back about 15 months ago and am completely engrossed again. Thank you for sharing you sunshine with us at http:riverofcreativity.blogspot.com xoxo

Rocky said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous shell sun hanging with us at River Of Creativity, I love the other hanging too. Hope to see you again next month.

brenda said...

What a super creative way to use your shells, really imaginative. Thanks so much for joining us at River of Creativity.

B x

Art Angel said...

I love seashells so this really appeals to me, love your sun shine, thank you for entering it into the challenge at the River of Creativity x x

Angelnorth said...

Hello, good to see you! I can almost smell the sea looking at that hanging against your fence and the tinkle of cockle shells in the background tops it off perfectly - love it! Hope you’re keeping well.