Followers

Monday, 9 July 2018

Domino Frame

Hellooooo, I am kicking off this *Domino* week over at Tando Creative with an altered photograph frame.  One of those cheapy 5x7inch wooden frames!  With the greyboard domino's being so reasonable priced at 10 for £1.40 you could afford to do this with lots of frames as gifts.
 
 
The wooden frame was painted in a matching colour before I glued the domino's to various matching papers.  They were cut out and glued around the frame.  You could leave it at this point and pop a photograph in :-D  But I decided to make it into a picture so I disgarded the glass into the recycle bin.
The card that was behind the glass was painted in blues and greens before adding *weathered wood* then white acrylic to form the lovely crackly finish.  The stamp has been paper pieced and painted before attaching.  I then added the word *Reflect* which is one of the many words that Tando cut.
 
Thank you for looking today and do leave a comment as I do love to see them, take care, Karen xxx

Wednesday, 4 July 2018

Twinchie #7

Hi, it's Karen here with another in my set of 12 twinchies using this months colour theme.  I have kept it very simple and just made an abstract pattern.  This will sit nicely with the other more complicated twinchies that I have done.
 

 

and the colours...
 
 
Thank you for looking, take care x

Thursday, 21 June 2018

Unexpected!

Hellooooo! Here with my interpretation of this weeks prompt from Tando - "Real or Faux fabrics".  I chose to go with real fabric on my project.  I have decorated another of Andy Skinners Fish, this time using bright scraps of fabric which I frayed a little around the edges.  Not sure if you can see that in the photo though, sorry.
 
 
 
The fish was mounted on a large tag which had been painted in different blue's and then treated with Weathered Wood.  (I am loving this stuff at the moment hahaha) When it was dry I added white acrylic which, when nearly dry, I wiped back to reveal more of the blue underneath.
 
Thank you for popping by today, take care, Karen x
 

Monday, 28 May 2018

Twinchie #6

Hello!  Here is the colour theme for June from Tando and my little twinchie!  I have added a little row of flowers this month.
 
 
Here is the palette...
 
 
Thank you for taking a peep, hugs, Karen x
 
 

Tuesday, 22 May 2018

Ring my Bell!

Hello!  Its brilliant when we get a 'Same but Different' theme over at Tando as its always amazing how varied our projects are using the same substrates.  Here is my offering...
 
 
 
Thank you for taking a look today and do pop back to see what the others have done with their little kits, Hugs, Karen xxx
 

Wednesday, 16 May 2018

Ring Binders

Hellooooo!  My project for this Anything Goes week over at Tando is a pair of *folders*.  These are especially designed to fit the newer masks/stencils.  They have really clever bendy spines which make them so much easier to decorate!  I have kept mine fairly simple....adding bold colours to the big flowers.
 
 
Here they are laid out flat... they do look a bit yellowy but are white backgrounds!
 
The smallest one...
 
 
The tall one...
 
 
They are similar on the inside.   For the base I laid down a few bright colours and then a layer of *Weathered Wood*  adding white after it was dry.  The flowers have been stamped onto thin card and coloured with watercolour pencils.  A touch of clear glitter was added to them.  I added Velcro to fasten and some beads for more colour!!!!
 
Thank you for taking a look, take care, Karen xxx

Wednesday, 9 May 2018

Pretty Mini Book

Hi there!  I have gone all pretty pretty for my embossing folder project.  I have decorated the tall mini book from the *mini books mega pack*.  This is a great little pack as you get 10 mini books in 2 types and 3 sizes!!!!!  Here is my offering... its only 12x6cm...
 
 
Firstly I covered the blanks with tinting base then ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder (by Cuttlebug).  You need a bit of muscle but it will go through! For some reason (I have no idea)  I didn't emboss the whole of one side but that will be covered anyway!
 
 
I painted the covers and the spine in Titanium White.  Then I made a wash with some purple and just dipped the pieces in. I love the way it settle randomly.
 
 
All the pages were cut from 100gm copier paper and attached to the spine by winding the thread around as shown.
 
 
To attach all the pieces together I cut some firm card 12x6cm, roughened the edges and marked the centre.  This enabled me to line up the spine. 
 
 
Once the covers were glued down I scored down the card close to the spine.
 
 
To finish off I added some lace over the binding to make it stronger.  Then I added some beads and buttons and a quote.
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today, take care out there, hugs, Karen xxx