Followers

Tuesday 6 April 2010

LOVE TIN...

Helloooo...hope you have all had a lovely Easter break XXXX

For those of you who took a look at my blog for last weeks WOYWW ...some wanted to know what I was working on with the metal.  Weeelllll.....this was the first time I had felt brave enough to have a go but I think I did it ok. 

I was decorating a little tin that I snaffled from hubby (it came with one of his gadgets in haha).  The tin is about 5x2inches.  I went over it first with alcohol inks then added some lace to cover the manufacturers imprint.  Then I got the metal out.  This was stamped and, with the help of my newly aquired tools, fiddled with till I thought it was right hahaha.  I stuck the metal pieces onto card with GA before cutting out...



The little glass-looking flower was a gift from my lovely blogging friend Cheryl...thanks my lovely XXX

Thank you for looking today, enjoy the rest of your week, HUGS XXX

13 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Karen. Just wanted to say I really love what you've done with the tin. Bet you're really thrilled with it.
A x

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Karen - just fab!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well that worked! Great job. I'm assuming the lace isn't metal?

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Linda, your tin is fabulous love the added lace, great idea ju x

Kaz said...

That's gorgeous Karen, you have had more success with metal than me!
Love the colour scheme you used xxx

Traceyr said...

Very sexy Karen. Love it! :)

cheryl said...

wow hun this is brilliant gosh hun how talented are you really love this hun,oh its perfect,any more flowers you need let me know hun and i get you some more love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Janice said...

It's lovely Karen.

Chriss Rollins said...

gorgeous karen, shape and colours with the choice of stamps alltogether a beauty.

now what are going to keep in it.

chriss x
ps haven't forgotten my little something i have for you. x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Karen, thats a fab tin and i think you are brave to tackle the metal
hugs June xxxx

Caroline said...

Lovely tin Karen...x

Dragon said...

Woo love the tin. I must get on and do a couple more myself, and I have a larger one to try too!!! Thanks for ALL your support, honey on all my blogs. I really do appreciate it and I am taking it easy, honest!!!
Frankie
xx

melody said...

you always have the kewlest creations chickie ~ love your altered box..WOWZA!

hugz
melody