Followers

Tuesday 11 May 2010

FOR THE BIRTHDAY BOY!

Hellooooo lovely bloggers!!!  Now that the day has come & gone I can show you the birthday card I made for my hubby, Jeremy!  This year he is the grand age of 54 and he still acts like he is 20 haha  I am very lucky to have him.

I have used the same building stamp from Crafty Individuals for this...he loves architecture :D  I used my fave method again for the background where I dab distress inks onto my glass mat & spritz with water then drag the card over.  Then I overstamp with Mimento and colour in with distress inks.



I am not being sentimental with this quote...Jeremy really does encourage me in all my craftwork and is a very good critic hahaha!!!

Thank you for popping by today...tomorrow is WOYWW and I can at last show you my new sewing area...YAY!!!!!  HUGS XXX

12 comments:

Paddy said...

Great card Karen. Love the stamp. Bet J loved it!!! xx

Annie said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the technique you've used. Really looking forwared to seeing your new craft space tomorrow :-)
A x

Kaz said...

It's a lovely card Karen, you know I like that stamp! Jeremy is a love isn't he? xxx

Unknown said...

That's super Karen - love the stamp.

Gez Butterworth said...

Super card Karen. Love your colouring & what a FAB quote. J is definately one of those rare gems & I'm so happy he's yours. :) Looking forward to seeing your sewing space tomoz.XXX

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the colours and the background is fab. Happy birthday to your hubby. Anesha :)

Janice said...

Lovely card Karen. Jeremy is certainly a whirlwind of energy, hope he had a good birthday.

Carol Plume said...

what a great card - love the background - hope that J had a great birthday xx

Kathy said...

That's a great card Karen - fab image and a lovely sentiment - I bet he had a tear in his eye when he read it!

Traceyr said...

Great card for a great bloke. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday Jeremy.

:)

Gini said...

A totally gorgeous card, that background technique is fabulous too and if perfect for the sky.
Clever you and lucky Jeremy to have you too!
Gini
xx

Chris said...

Awwwww.... it's always good to have someone who believes in what you do... so you are a lucky lady and I bet he loved this.

I recently used that CI stamp and I just love it cos it's so versatile.

Fab work hun
hugs
Chris xx