Followers

Wednesday 6 June 2012

GD for The Craft Barn!

Hi!  A bit excited here as I can, at last, begin to show you what I have been doing the last few weeks :-D  I was asked to be a guest designer for June for ~THE CRAFT BARN~  using TANDO CREATIVE PRODUCTS!!!!!  I also felt very humbled as they have some incredible artists on their team!  I shall be appearing once a week for this month only and my 1st post is today.  The prompt was to use masks so I used Tando's clock mask to make a.......clock hahahahaha!!!!!


I used a chunky canvas for my base and then lightly coated it with watered down Eco Green Acrylic paint in Periwinkle & Lake. A flourish was stamped randomly over the top before I coated it with multi-medium. Using some of the Lake colour I sponged through the Tando Creative Hearts Background mask in the centre of the canvas and drew around the hearts with a white pen. Using dimensional paste mixed with EcoGreen Grape and using an old credit card I stencilled the Tando Creative Clock in the centre. I also added some hearts to the corners.
I added elements from the Tando Creative 'Home Sweet Home Plaque trio' to decorate. The clock hands have been coloured using a Krylon silver pen and crackle accents added to the clock numerals, rooves and hearts.
 
If you haven't visited The Craft Barns blog do so as the inspiration and work is incredible!  Thak you for coming to visit, see you soon, hugs xxx

8 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

OoOh, Karen! Beautiful artwork as always. What stunning colours! Many Congratulations on being a GD, so well deserved. Have fun. Gez.

Kaz said...

Fab news to be on the DT Karen!!! Love this clock, the colours work so well together xxx

Traceyr said...

Congratulations Karen and what a beautiful clock. :)

Janice said...

Congratulations Karen, you are a brilliant artist and deserve to be chosen. Lovely clock.

Dawn said...

Congratulations my darling, gorgeous work as always. I love the colours you have used, everything looks perfect together. Hugs x x x x

Von said...

What great news karen :) and a lovely creation
Von x♥x

paddy said...

Well done Karen, and what a fantastic clock. Love it!! xxx

tracy said...

congrats on being picked for the DT-well deserved :) i love this clock,the colours are fab :)