Followers

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Altered Tape Measure

Hi folks!  The Challenge from Tando this month is all about flowers.  I had a freebie tape measure recently which was all white so I have altered it to make it stand out in my sewing basket haha!  I am always losing tape measures...mmm...wonder if the cats steal them hahaha!


The tape measure itself has been coloured with alcohol inks and the Tando flowers with acrylic paint.  The larger flower has Crackle Accents over it.  This was very simpele to do and looking at it now would make lovely little presents!  Thank you for looking today, HUGS xxx

5 comments:

Kath said...

That's lovely, Karen. What a good idea!

tracy said...

very pretty karen:) i bet the cats will love this one with it's fluffy end LOL

Dawn said...

Ooh this is so very very pretty darling, what a brilliant idea. I love your sparkly flowers.
Bit worried though as your blog post didn't filter through to my list, its still showing your post from monday??
Huge huggles x x x x

Words and Pictures said...

This is so cute - really great little gift idea - and I love the decoration and texture on the petals!
Alison x

Maggie said...

Great idea Karen now you will want to use it all the time.....my cat used to chew my tape measures if I left them out :(

MaggieH