Followers

Thursday 4 July 2013

At the Seaside

Helloooooo, we are dipping our toes in the water over at *The Craft Barn Blog* this week :D

For my 'At the Seaside' themed piece I have chosen to play with the new medium size Tando Creative Fan. These are sooo versatile!


I painted the base with Fresco Paint in Ice Blue and overstamped with a Crackle stamp and Versafine in Smokey Gray. Unfortunately this blurred a bit but as I was trying to keep the colours soft I didn't mind!  So be warned...don't use Versafine over Fresco paints!!!!! 

N.B. When you are decorating one of the Tando Creative Fans please be aware that all the segments are slightly different.

Using the upper section as a template I drew and cut 2 pieces of paper from the Crafty Individuals Book 6 (The Seaside), then cut three more segments from plain white card. (Always a good idea to number the backs) Using Crafty Individuals Stamp Set CI272 I stamped onto the white card in the Smokey Gray. I stamped again onto scrap card and coloured the shells and seahorses with Derwent Inktense Pencils. Then I clear embossed the coloured pieces before cutting them out. I rubbed a little Distress Ink in Broken China around the edges of the segments before glueing the shells on.



Using a mix of PaperArtsy Fresco Paint in Cheesecake and Pumpkin Soup I painted the top section. Glossy Accents were applied and while it was still a little sticky I attached the rough string (esier said than done as your fingers also get sticky hahaha) and when dry I glued the top section to the bottom. The card segments were glued in place and the seahorses added. To finish off I used more string to attach two shells and then glued another stamped shell over the top.


Thank you so much for popping by, please leave a comment, I love the feedback whether its good or bad!!! HUGS xxxx

Crafty Individuals CI272 - Seaside Treasures
Crafty Individuals Book 6 - Seaside
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints - Pumpkin Soup, Cheesecake, Ice Blue
Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China


6 comments:

Gio said...

This is so elegant, Karen!

Perfect in every detail!

Dawn said...

Ooh this is beautiful sweetie, gorgeously piscean tee hee! I love the subtle colour combo, this complements the CI papers perfectly. Fab finishing touch with the string and shells too.
Huge huggles x x x x

Maggie said...

Oh Wow! I love the transformation of the fan Karen shouts seaside and summer hols...only 10 more sleeps until we come to Cornwall I can't wait we love it so much you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.....so envious lol.

MaggieH

Sandy said...

Hey Karen!! This is truly wonderful!! A day at the beach with this beautiful fan - what more could anyone ask for!!!!! No wonder they pay you the big bucks kid!!!
Sandy

Cocofolies said...

As I've just written on Craft Barn too, that's a really fab fan Karen !!! I love your choice of colours and the Crafty elements, as well as the final details like the string and the beads, perfect !!! All the mistakes we do are always recoverable, and often give even better results surprisingly ! Hugs, Coco xx

BJ said...

Third time lucky and I love the seahorse. BJ the happy now.

Gosh with everything going on in life to tip us over, I just couldn't deal with how your comment feature had changed.

So glad it is sorted and back to normal now.

OH and DS passed his drum exam too. Yippee BJ