Followers

Wednesday 7 August 2013

'Shabby' Fabric Heart

Whenever someone says 'patchwork/collage' to me I still think of fabric!  I guess me and fabric go back a long long way!  So when the Craft Barn DT were asked to think of 'Patchwork and Collage' this week I made a fabric heart.....'shabby' because it turned out that way hahaha!


I started by cutting nine 2inch squares from the calico then stamping from the Kaisercraft Porcelain Rose set using Archival Ink.  After stitching these together to make a larger square I cut out a heart shape.  (You are welcome to laugh at the humps :D ) I stamped the 'love' stamp on a scrap of fabric and sewed that in place before adding some beads.  The piece was then placed onto some plain calico and stitched around, leaving an opening for stuffing.  After it was stuffed I dabbed some ink around to add to the 'shabby' look before adding some lace, a ribbon and a tassel.  Here is what I used...

Lace

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to have a look, please leave a comment if you are passing, I read them all and really appreciate them, HUGS xxx

6 comments:

BJ said...

It's adorable. Wish I thought to use fabric more and stamping with archival too thanks for the inspiration. HUGS BJ

Hazel said...

I've just had a catch up of what I've missed recently - so much loveliness. Love the day and night below and this heart is beautiful x

Sandy said...

You are so cute and your heart is wonderful. I am allergic to sewing!
Sandy

Von said...

It's beautiful Karen :)and what an inspiration for some lavender bags !
Von ♥

Cocofolies said...

Not really my style, but it's sweet and well done as usuals !! And I love the nice details like all these beads you put around the frame of love and at the bottom ! Lovely... :) xx

Dawn said...

Ooh this is beautiful sweetie, fab colours and I love the tassel, perfect touch as always.
Huge huggles x x x x