Followers

Monday 9 September 2013

'Slugs and Snails........

....and Puppy Dogs Tails...'  :D  Who remembers that???  Who remembers the rest? 

'That's what little boys are made of.
Sugar & Spice and all things Nice,
 that's what little girls are made of'

I reckon we got off lightly ladies hahahaha!  Over at The Craft Barn this week we are looking at 'VINTAGE CUTE'.  I don't mind the vintage but 'cute' is just not me is it?  Saying that though I am quite pleased with how this turned out...


For my project this week I have recycled a 10x10cm beer mat which I sneaked from my local :D.  I painted it first with  Fresco paint in Chocolate Pudding, added the PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze then Snowflake paint on top, drying well between layers.  Then I rubbed some Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire over the top to add 'depth'.  The images were stamped in Memento Black and coloured with Copics.  They were then clear embossed before cutting out.  The wording was stamped and embossed straight onto my base.  The images were then glued in place.  I punched two holes at the top and tied red string for a hanger.

Thank you for popping in and having a look.  Please leave a message...I love to read them!  Take care, HUGS xxx

Crafters Companion S.W.A.L.K stamp range -'Slugs and Snails'
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints - Chocolate Pudding, Snowflake and Crackle Glaze
Copic Ciao Pens - 100, YG100, B45, R46, E35, E37, E08 and E00
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black

9 comments:

Gio said...

Not a cutie girl?? ehhehe , still your piece is very lovely, Karen!

Diane Warburton said...

Just nipping by to check that you backed up your computer! :-) xxx

Using beer mats for a project like this is something that 'sugar and spice' you would definitely do - cool idea though but don't go using the excuse that you need to go to the pub just so that you can get more beer mats!! :-)

BJ said...

Oh that crackle glaze looks cool too, thought it was the stamp again! BJ

Cocofolies said...

Tee-hee, I think we have similar children's songs in france and also feelings Karen! :-o) You have been well inspired by this one, your beer mat with this young boy is very cute!! And I love your embossing on top of the boy and quotes. Enjoy your day my lovely, Hugs Coco xxx

Maggie said...

Fabulous hanging Karen love this little boy he is so cute.

MaggieH

Carol Plume said...

what a great hanging Karen - I love that crackle product its fab isn't it....pure crackle! lol xx

Kaz said...

It's definitely not what you usually do, but you did it beautifully xxx

Julia S-W said...

I saw that the theme was cute and wondered how you'd cope with that!! You seem to have managed very well and at least it isn't one of those pink, sugary little girls with no mouth!!! (I've probably upset people now - sorreeeeee!). I love the crackle in the background and the idea of the beer mat, the slugs and snails and a cheeky little boy takes this well out of the 'cute' drawer and really a fun piece. Well done you I say!
Hope you are well.
Have a lovely weekend.
Juliaxx

Sandy said...

Cute might not be you but you sure did make a cute beer mat. Ar you sure your image is old enough to be on a beer mat!!!
sandy