Followers

Wednesday 23 April 2014

My new JOURNALLING SUITCASE!

Hi!  Its so nice to have the time to be able to decorate something just for myself :-D  When I started journalling a few years ago I soon realised that there are a lot of pens (of different types) that you 'need' when you have done the main body of the page and have retreated to a comfy seat for all the doodling.  With this in mind I bought one of those cheapy cardboard mini suitcases which was ideal for the job.  Its now literally fallen apart so I have treated myself to a little wooden suitcase and decorated it. At 8inches long its ideal for pens and all the other paraphernalia that journalers tend to collect   need hahaha!  Its also large enough to hide a journal inside!

The top of the lid...



I gesso'd all the outside surfaces before adding some texture paste through Andy Skinners Sunburst Mask on the lid.  Then I painted everywhere using watered down Fresco amethyst.  I used a diamond mask to add some Fresco Dusty Teal in places.  Then I replaced the Sunburst Mask and added 'neat' Amethyst and teal to the modelling paste.  

The sides...


Some stamping with a quote stamp and Stazon Gothic Purple was added before I used an old credit card and Fresco Chalk to add lines.  he white dots are made using the end of a pencil.  Still not happy I had a nose around my stamps and found a teensy flower stamp to stamp over the white dots.


I have decorated the inside of the lid and added a quote which I like.  The rest is plain!  To finish off I painted the letter 'K' and glued to the centre of the lid and added some glossy accents here and there.

I hope you like it.  In case you are wondering, here is the now-falling-apart case that I did 3 years ago haha!


Thank you muchly for coming by my lovelies, Take care xxx

11 comments:

Kath said...

How lovely, Karen. It will be a pleasure for you to use. Gorgeous colours too.

Kaz said...

I love your new pen case! Will I get to see it??? It looks like it needs stroking ;) xxx

Cocofolies said...

Fantastic job my lovely!!! Sunbust with this texture and these colours is just fabulous, and I love your idea!!! Hugs xxx

Dawn said...

WOW, this is absolutely GORGEOUS sweetie. Lol I'm not gonna covet it much at all!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooooooooo good to see you doing something 'just for you' darling. LMAO at Kaz too, hee hee hee.
Luvs ya x x x x

chrissie said...

This looks amazing and will be so useful as well.

Love Chrissie x

nefertiti said...

Wow! I love the cover! gorgeous colors too!!! bizz

Carol Plume said...

What a fab storage idea - totally gorgeous xx

Gio said...

It's so cool, Karen!! Love the texture and the colours, and the quote inside!

Love the butterflies on the old version too, you can upcycle them!

BJ said...

What a cute suitcase, where do you get them from? BJ

My name is Cindy said...

Gorgeous project Karen and LOVE that quote!

Traceyr said...

Let's hope this new suitcase lasts as long as the last one. :)