Followers

Wednesday 9 July 2014

JULY CHALLENGE at Tando Creative

Hellooooo!!!!  The challenge for July over at Tando is 'COME FLY WITH ME'.  Lots of choice here I think.  I was having yet another sort out of my craft room and 'found' some large round canvases that I bought a while back.  At 12inches across they are a lot bigger than what I am used to crafting with but I had a play non the less!  Everything on this canvas is meant to sort of soft focus and a little messy hahaha!


The picture really doesn't do it justice, sorry about that!  The birds on the branches are formed with texture paste and a Tando Mask and then I roughly spread the paste over the rest of the canvas to give lots of texture.  You can see better in this pic of before it was painted...not sure what the camera was seeing but I couldn't see that odd pattern underneath...


Everything was then covered in a mix of Fresco Finish paints.  The flying birds are also Tando and have been roughly painted in the same colours before attaching to the canvas.  So, this is a bit different for me, I hope you like it!  Here is what I used made by Tando Creative.

Bird & Branch Mask..
Grab Bag of Mini Birds...

Journaling Block - Long Large


Thank you for looking, HUGS xxx

4 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful ideas for the background Karen-it is a very pretty piece

Love Chrissie x

Angelnorth said...

Lots of lovely texture, looks great Karen!

Kaz said...

It's fab Karen, love all that texture xxx

G Peplow said...

Fabulous canvas Karen,that texture is wonderful and the colours are misty, I love it! What great stencils/masks :D Hugs Gay x