Followers

Monday 29 June 2015

Time for a challenge!

Hi there!  If you follow my blog you will know that I spend a lot of time with chipboard and I do love that but sometimes I just need to get back to my stamping roots :-D  Especially when I go to get a card out and there isn't one hahaha!!!!!  What better way to get my stamping mojo going than to do a challenge or two!!!!  This one is for a colour challenge over at *Chocolate Baroque*.  I have a fair few of their stamps, going way back to when they were Elusive Images.  For this challenge I chose to use a 'new' one: Punky Flowers, a sheet jam packed with steampunk flowers....


The colour combo:

The background has been dry brushed with acrylic and stamped and embossed with glittery black powder (such a shame that you can't see the sparkle)  I then coloured in the flowers with Copics and added some white dots here and there.

The stamps I used:

Thank you so much for popping by, I hope you are not disappointed by the lack of chipboard hahaha!  Hugs xxx

6 comments:

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous use of the colour prompt and I love paper and card so not missing the chipboard here :D Lovely card Karen :D xx

chrissie said...

A wonderful take on the colours and very beautiful stamps

Love Chrissie xx

Caroline said...

You got the colours down to a T! Brilliant. Great stamps too, I occasionally shop at CB but haven't seen these....may have to go have a look. Tfs

Julie Smith said...

Love your card design, really sets of the Punky Flowers, thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and good luck xx

Angelnorth said...

Love the background and the colours look great on those stylised flowers!

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Karen, great use of the challenge colours in your card design. Your background is fab. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx