Followers

Tuesday 14 July 2015

'Gee Up' or whatever you say to a horse!!!!

Hi there,  I have had fun decorating a HORSE!  This one is free standing (from Tando Creative) at around 6inches high and is made from sturdy MDF.
 
 
I wanted to try out the DecoArt Media Misters and was not disappointed with the colours...really vibrant!  I started by giving the horse & stand a cover of Gesso before spraying through a few of Tando's Masks/stencils.  I added some Bakers Twine for the mane & tail plus a quote which looks wonky (sorry).  The stand has been covered with DecoArt Crackle Paste which was coloured with some fluid acrylics.  The quote reads: 'Horses lend us the wings we lack'...I like that even though I am scared of riding haha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Here is what I used:
 
Tando Horse
http://www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog/horse-single-p-1018.html
 
Tando Masks:
 
Giovanna's Doilie 8inch 
Random Circles Mask 
 
Andy Skinner's Sunburst 
 
 
DecoArt;
Media Misters
Crackle Paste
Media Fluid Acrylics
 
If you love horses why not get the Horse and Carriage?  Imagine it with all the tackle added :-D
 
 
If you would like to join in with us and enter your makes into a monthly draw then please take a look at the Link Page at the top of the Tando blog.
 
Thank you so much for taking a look today, Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Gio said...

This is so cool, Karen! Vibrant colours, gorgeous pattern of the fur, even the crackle on the base. Brilliant!

Gez Butterworth said...

Back for another look! I sooooo LOVE your horse ♥♥♥