Followers

Monday 10 August 2015

Stencilling fun!!!!

Hello!  I have surrounded myself with masks/stencils for you this week!!!!!  Tando stencils/masks are incredible in their durability!  They can take anything you throw at them and come up trumps without splitting or tearing.  Sturdy enough for texture paste but also fine enough for stamping through.  You can find them *here*.  We also have ranges designed by *Andy Skinner**Neil Walker*, *Giovanna Zara* and our own lovely *Kaz*, so lots to choose from! 
 
For my project this week I have made a 'masterboard', just an A4 piece of card decorated with stencils (3) & spray inks to be used as backgrounds.  It always amazes me just how far a spray can go....ITS EVERYWHERE!!!!! hahaha!  I used Gio's LARGE DOILIE, Andy's SUNBURST and RANDOM CIRCLES.
 
 
Firstly I decorated a chunky page from my Tando Folder (you can see it decorated *here*).  I added some more stencilling using Gio's PROFILE mask, drawing around the face and painting it in with acrylics.  I smudged some 3B pencil around it to soften it.  The Tando Hearts have been covered & added too.  The background has had another stencil, sprayed through with white to soften it.
 
 
Then I added a stamped image to make a card.  Adding *TEXTURE CRACKLE PASTE* through a *HEART* stencil...
 
 
Next came an ATC.  Another Tando HEART was covered in the patterned card and added...
 
 
There is still some pieces left too!  Not sure what I am going to use them for yet. But this is a great way (and simple) to make your own backgrounds. 

I used:

 
If you fancy some stencil fun why not enter our challenge this month?  You can find the details on the August Tab at the top of the Tando BLOG!
 
Thank you for popping by, I truly appreciate it! HUGS, Karen xxx

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Gosh, these are wonderful! Luurvve the vibrant colours, the hanging hearts are gorgeous & it is amazing what one can do with stencils. Great post!

Gio said...

Such a gorgeous and colourful masterboard to start with! And the three pieces are fabulous!

Diane Warburton said...

Yet more stunning projects Karen. You are such a whizz with stencils and colour xx

tracy said...

Lovely work Karen ...loving the colours you've used :) xx

tracy said...

Lovely work Karen ...loving the colours you've used :) xx

Carol Plume said...

Fabulous pieces - love those colours xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous makes my lovely, goes to show how much fun backgrounds/master-boards can be and what fab things can be made from them with a little inspiration x x x x x