Followers

Monday 14 December 2015

There's Snow Place Like Home

Hi!  When my Craft Stamper fell onto my doormat this month I was one very excited girlie!!!!  I actually had something featured in it :-D  I won't rattle on about how thrilled I was as that can be plain boring for anyone reading and I can imagine you rolling your eyes hahaha!  Here it is...


Its made from a Tando Creative Art Room.  These are brilliant for letting your imagination flow as they can be turned into anything!!!  I started out by painting some card to stamp and emboss the fir trees onto.  I love this tree by Art-Kure!


The igloo is made from the top of a roll-on deodorant.  I covered it first with paper as I had considered just painting it at that point. I added some card to make a 'doorway'  Before I covered the whole thing with texture paste.



The background of the box has been painted with DecoArt Media paints (love the shimmer) and splattered with white acrylic.  The base has been covered with Texture paint and glittered along with the igloo.  Lace and trimming finished it all off!

Hugs xxx

5 comments:

G Peplow said...

Congratulations Karen, it's a wonderful project and I understand your excitement, I would feel the same , well done you ������xx

Angelnorth said...

Yay, well done you! I noticed your name as I looked through the mag last night (yes, late getting to it,I know) - lovely project, the little igloo is fab!

Gio said...

It's genius and super lovely (ah the igloo!!). Congratulations Karen, well doneeeeee!:-)

Diane Warburton said...

None of us would roll our eyes! We love hearing about your success. You've had to see me go on about my mag thing ;-) it's gorgeous (no surprises there) and your little igloo is ingenious.
Lap up all the success you can and revel in it, as you deserve it xx

Lyds said...

Hellooooo!!! Made it here! :)
Love it Karen!! An ingenious little igloo too xx