Followers

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Playing with texture!

Hello, I am playing with *Texture Paste* today :p.  I have decorated an address book.... I promise that the paste is under there somewhere hahaha!!!!!
 
 
I used  *Gio's masks (Eighties)* to spread the paste through in the centre of the book cover.  Then I painted over all of the cover with *Quinacridone Magenta*.  When that was dry I added some *Quinacridone Gold* over some of the stencilled parts and also dabbed some *Dioxazine Purple* here and there to add more depth.  When dry I added *Crackle Glaze* around the outside of the mask and on the circles and 'square' shapes.  *Antiquing cream in white* was added into the crackles.  *Liquid Glass* was added to other areas.
 
Thank you for taking a look today!  xxx

2 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

BEAUTIFUL textures and colour Karen. Loving all the crackle ♥ and what a FAB quote, never a truer word said!

Best wishes for a lovely birthday xx
Hugs, Gez

Gio said...

A woman in red! Such a gorgeous frame, Karen.