Followers

Monday 22 August 2016

Watch the Birdie!

Hellooo and welcome!

Today I have a decorated mirror for you, one of those 12inch square ones from Ikea.  Where would we be without that place haha!  I have used the pretty little owls from the Tando MINI RANGE to embellish my project this week.  mmm...mirrors are notoriously tricky to photograph and I really should have smiled or poked my tongue out at least haha!
 
 
I cut a 'hill' shape from some copy paper and used both sections as a mask for the blue and green areas.  The background was daubed with paint and then stencilled over in white using the SEQUIN WASTE stencil(sorry you can't really see it in this pic)  There are also areas where I stamped some script.  I also used some Tando BUNTING to sit the owls on.  This was daubed with a mix of colours to match the flowers which were stamped and paper pieced.
 
 
The little owls were painted with acrylics to match! A bit fiddly but worth the effort.  Posca pens come in handy for these!
 
Thank you for taking a look today.  Take care out there, HUGS XXX

3 comments:

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh i love this hun you are always so creative,love the owls,they are so cute and love the bunting,really effective hugs Cherylxxxx

Gio said...

Such a lovely ode to spring, I love it,Karen!

Sue said...

Oh this is so cute, love the owls. x