Followers

Friday 23 May 2008

DCM - beads!

Hello again! Its that time of the week when we all eagerly wait to see what delights we get to play with!!!

The dare this week was set by Sue:

'I’m sure that most of us girlies had a bead box when we were little and if you were like me, would spend hours sorting and swapping them with friends. Come to think of it, things haven’t changed that much because I still have a box of beads and I’m hoping that you do too.For my dare this week I would like you to make a card that incorporates beads somewhere in the design…..it’s as easy as that!It can be one bead, lots of beads, big beads, and small beads, whatever you like as long as there’s at least one on your card somewhere.'

Now I don't have a lot to do with beads. I have some and I love them...you know.....looking at them!!! But I know that I really should make the effort to use them more if only to justify to Jeremy that I need them as well!!!!

I thought at first that I would make a flower but after a cuppa and a few biscuits decided to leave it till tomorrow and colour in some stampings instead. What did I find....this little elephant from a stamped image swap (thanks Janice X).

I painted him and then sewed bead tassels and glued beads onto his saddle. The background paper is from the BG Boxer range which I mounted onto some red sparkly paper to give it a lift. The ribbon is one that my daughter used to wrap round her plaits YONKS ago LOL!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to look X

19 comments:

Jozza said...

Oh I love this! What a gorgoeus elephant and your beaded bits are fantastic!! xxx

SueH said...

I'm pleased that our dare has made you stretch your imagination Karen I I have to say it paid off.

It was true inspiration to use your beads in the way you did on the elephant's blanket.

Sue said...

Oooh I like his tassels Karen and that background paper looks so good with the image.
Sue x

Janice said...

Woo hoo! What a lovely job you have made of that image Karen. I looked at your blog and saw that and thought - I've got that stamp lol

Kaz said...

Great take on the card Karen!! Good idea that elephant.

Anonymous said...

Karen what a great card. Subtle hues on this one I love it. I now know how to use my stamped image from Janice. Thanks.


Traceyr :)

Anonymous said...

Fab card - the elephant is just great!! :)~

Vanessa.

Rosanne said...

What a great card! Love how you used the beads on the elephant.

tracy said...

he looks lovely all glamed up karen :) well done :)

Anice said...

The card is fab! I think you do do beads!!
Anice xx

Chris A said...

This is lovely Karen and I know just what you mean about beads. I have loads but hardly use them at all.

Judy said...

Wow, Karen you must have spent a lot of time creating your masterpiece with all the tiny beads, looks so effective!
JudyNZ

Angelnorth said...

Perfect image for beading, great idea! The card looks lovely Karen, love the ribbon criss cross.

Kathy said...

Karen - using the heffalump was inspired! the beads work so well don't they?

Kath Stewart said...

Great take on the challenge and love that little Ellie

Ellen said...

thats what I call creativeness Karen, what a brilliant idea for the beads. love that background as well.

Sheila said...

Just awesome!!!

Unknown said...

what an original idea for the elephant, he is fabby.

Gina said...

Wonderful used of beads! Love your card...well done! :)