Followers

Saturday 26 July 2008

DCM......Golden Oldies!!!!

I had to laugh at this one as I sometimes feel like a golden oldie too hahahahaha

NOW ! - on to this weeks dare - we have a team dare this week, and we were thinking.....with so many new things /latest papers/ trendy stuff constantly coming on the market, we thought it would be nice to have a look back, and dig out some of our 'old' papers and embellishments and make a card with our 'preloved' treasures. I think the tendency these days is to get on the 'latest must have' band wagon, sometimes, its nice to recognise what we already have- even if it isn't the 'latest' embellishment/paper.

When I started out cardmaking I used the peel-offs and sticky things like most peeps did. But as they were part of a dare before I have ignored them this time. I then discovered CD Roms and the variety of pics & matching backgrounds they offer. My first card is how I would have used them then. The second card is after I discovered the magical world of patterned papers!!!!

Now I am far more bold with colour!!

The image is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Angels & Fairies CD-ROM.

Background papers : DCWV Far East Pack (rusty colour)

& Gypsies Zanzibar (black & White)

Thank you for taking the time to look, its very much appreciated XXXXX

7 comments:

Bev said...

It's amazing what a bit of patterned paper can make! Love the second card - the colours are fab!

Kathryn said...

Love the Fairy!
Very pretty! :)

Jackie said...

Fab work as usual Karen :)

Hazel said...

Love those Far East papers. Great cards, Karen.

Beth said...

These are very pretty indeed Karen. The second card really brings out the main pic, what a difference when we use different papers. Both lovely though. XX

tracy said...

they're lovely karen:) like the way you did then and now techniques too :)

Kathy said...

wow - I love the way the patterend papers add another dimenion to the downloads - fab cards, both, but the second is my fave