Followers

Saturday 25 October 2008

DCM....Autumn

The DCM dare for this week is a lovely one and is:

Forever Autumn.

"I decided on this one after hearing the Justin Haywood song of the same name playing on the radio. I couldn’t get it out of my mind and kept singing it as I was working.So now I’m daring you to make a card that depicts Autumn.It can be an Autumn scene or it can be something completely different but using a palette of Autumn colours……the choice is yours!I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if a few of you are singing along by the time you’ve finished either, I know some of the DT were! "

I decided to incorporate this one with the LE this week from Kathy...a pretty sketch. I made a boo boo with the 1/4 circle and creased it by accident so I decided to go with it and creased it some more....kind of gives that dries up Autumn feeling hahahaha. The chippie leaf was dabbed with 2 shades of brown and some gold so it glistens rather than shines, not sure if that came out in the pic tho. Just realised that I should have put veins on it...oh well! The greeting was pc generated.

The papers are by 7Gypsies, the Zanzibar range.

The chippie leaf is from a pack of Plain Jane's

Thank you for looking, I love to read any comments XXX

10 comments:

Hazel said...

Would never know you creased by accidents - can always turn it to something better smashing card!

Anonymous said...

Thats lovely Karen - and your creased paper turned out to be a very happy accident, haha!.....x

Kaz said...

That's lovely Karen, good to see you do boo boos too!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Fab card Karen. I do like that creased look. Will have to ask how you did it. I never noticed the leaf had no veins til you mentioned it. It looks so real. :o)
Hope you found crafty templates ok. x

tracy said...

very nice karen,love the colours,and the creases work well too :)

Lythan said...

I love that crumpled paper look. Great card!

Kathy said...

What a happy accident that you creased the quarter circle Karen! I think it was a fab idea to make it even more crease-y - all the extra texture and the different shades you get add so much to the card. The addition of the leaf is fab, and the patterns on the circles add loads more interest. Thanks for joining in and double-daring

Janice said...

smart move to combine the two challenges Karen. I like the crushed up paper, thought you'd done it on purpose!

Angelnorth said...

Gorgeous! I love autumn colours too (really must try to get round to this dare!) and these look lovely and rich.

SueH said...

You may have creased your backing paper by accident Karen but I love the effect, it adds a certain texture to your card. You’ve done a great job on the colouring of the leaf too, very autumnal.