Followers

Saturday 6 June 2009

Something Completely Different #4 - TAGS

As its the beginning of June (already!!!) Something Completely Different challenge blog have changed thier theme as promised:

"TAGS"any size, shape or colour unless specified within the weekly theme.
So, with tags as our Challenge who better to ask to be Guest Designer for the Month, but, the one and only, mega talented..................
"KATH"..........do pop along to her blog and have a look at her fantastic creations and read her fab posts! We'd all like to say a BIG Thank You to Kath for creating some lovely tags for us and for agreeing to join us this month...So, this week the theme is:-

"STARS AND STRIPES"

I was pretty pleased that it went to tags even though I was just getting the hang of the twinchies hehe. Stars & Stipes immediately conjurs up images of the U.S.A for me! I had bought one of those little ATC books that with a military theme & as it was full of American images it wasn't any good for what I wanted it for BUT now its been perfect!!!!

The background is a Sir Tim stamp again and I coloured a few of the diamonds in red. The big star stamp was a freebie in a mag a while back. The flag & striped paper were from the little ATC book. Oh & I swapped the wording round....no reason other than to fit better hahahahaha

I really enjoyed playing this week. The DT came up with such a variety of tags, not all U.S orientated. Some great ideas there....do pop over & have a peep. Thank you for looking at mine ...have a terrific weekend, HUGS XXX

13 comments:

Hazel said...

You've really done justice to the challenge, Karen - like the overlapping bits (and the rest, of course - lol) x

Gez Butterworth said...

Great tag Karen. Love your background. Looks like your little ATC book came in handy after all. It is a very good take on this weeks challenge. Thanks for joining us. Gez.xx

tracy said...

very nice karen :)

Angelnorth said...

Looks fab, Karen! Love the torn edge and the fabric look of that striped paper - just like ticking!

Carol Plume said...

Karen what a lovely tag....those little pads are full of fab images aren't they, adaptable for all sorts.

Thank you for joining us this week...hope to see you again soon xx

Kathy said...

fab tag Karen

Dawn said...

Wonderful tag - great background..

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Kaz said...

Fab tag Karen. You'll never guess, but I thought about using that stamp as it had a star and stripes on it!!!!

Zoechaos said...

Oh I'd forgotten that star stamp - use useful those little 'freebies'. Love this tag and the whole colour feel of it.

Chris said...

Stars and stripes always makes me think of the US too Karen :D
You did a fab job with this challenge... love all the layers on your tag... simply fabulous hun :D
hugs
Chris xx

Anonymous said...

Loving your Sir Timmy background this is one of my fav's, great retro feel to your tag

Dragon said...

OOOO love it... just popped by to thanks you for the LOVELY comment about my latest tag... Fred, my new partner, has it now, isn't he lucky!!
Frankie
xx

Ellen said...

thats the first thing that sprung to my mind as well but I didn't have that handy atc book. (And I couldn't find that stamp ,it could still be on my magazine for all I know.)
great tag you made