Followers

Thursday 8 April 2010

TAG IT ON #33 - In the City...

Today I am showing you the tag I have made for the TAG IT ON CHALLENGE! this week.  I love these challenges...its a chance to fiddle & faff around with stamps hahahaha!

The theme this week is...IN THE CITY...a lovely change to work with building type stamps instead of cutsie bunnies etc don't you think???

I have used Distress Inks throughout mine, except for the arch wihich was stamped with Versafine.  I swooshed colours onto my glass board to drop the card in and then over stamped the arch. I think this arch is magnificent.  Its actaully called 'Domino Shrine' and is by Lost Coast Designs. I painted the arch with Frayed Burlap to make it stand out a little more.  The quote stamp is another of my faves but can't remember where I got that from.


If you fancy getting away from pretty stuff pop over and have a go!  Thank you for looking today, HUGS XXX

21 comments:

Annie said...

Love the sentiment on your tag. I just wish life would iron out me now it's unfolded me :-)
A x

Gez Butterworth said...

FANTASTIC! Karen. Oooh I love your arch. It truly looks like the sun is shining through. :)

Caroline said...

Lovely Karen - love that sentiment too...x

Dragon said...

Woo I WANT that stamp!!! This is a great tag as always, Karen. I wonder how big it is... The colours are fab and I am glad you feel like me - fed up of cutsie bunnies and florals...!! Thanks for dreaming with me again honey
Frankie
xx

Angelnorth said...

Fab tag, that arch stamp is lovely with all the shading and the perfect opening for a big quote stamp!

Faye said...

Karen, your masterpiece makes me want to go try, try again. And that arch stamp is definitely a I-gotta-have-it. Thanks for saying who it's by so I can check on getting one for myself.

Your swooshed background is fantastic and the extra coloring you added to the arch really is so gorgeous.

Traceyr said...

Wonderful tag Karen. Would make a fab book mark.

:)

tracy said...

thats very nice karen :)

Kaz said...

Oh that's gorgeous Karen, I love those colours together xxx

Carol Plume said...

what a gorgeous tag Karen - lovely saying too...xx

cheryl said...

oh karen hun this i love,brilliant adore that sentiment,great stamps and super design hugs cheryl x
ps I have broken my finger trust me,xxxxxxxxxx

Janice said...

Nice tag Karen, I like the sentiment.

Crafting Queen said...

Love the background colours,just wonderful. Fab tag. Anesha

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Karen, lovely tag and nice sentiment too ju x

Hazel said...

I love this Karen - such a lovely response to the challenge x

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Karen, lovely tag and nice sentiment too ju x

Chriss Rollins said...

brilliant love the colours too.

have a reat weekend

chriss x

melody said...

wow ~ fabulous tag karen ~ lovin that stamped image ~ and what a perfect sentiment!
hugz
melody

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous tag, Karen! I love the saying!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous tag Karen ;)
Anne xx

Chris said...

ooooh I love your arch stamp hun but I can't agree wholly with that sentiment...

Time HAS changed me...lol I see it every day I find a new wrinkle when I look in the mirror...rofl

Got some free Olay cream today though so those wrinkles could be a thing of the past...tomorrow...heh heh


Have a great day
hugs
Chris xx