Followers

Monday 24 September 2012

Vellum at The Craft Barn

Its must be years since I worked with vellum!  While, for some, its a fantastic material...I have never really got on with it too well.  So imagine my slight dismay when I was asked to use some for this weeks samples over that The Craft Barn Blog!




I worked with white vellum and coloured it with alcohol inks (really effective)  before die cutting it into a tree.  As you all know, vellum is tricky to stick down so I sewed it on hahaha  A bit of stamping round the edges and a quote finished it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week also sees the return of the Craft Barn Calendar Challenge, where we show you a month each week right up to Christmas.  You will end up with a fabulous handcrafted calendar for yourself or as a gift.  Take a look over at the Craft Barn Blog for the link.



Here is my January entry.  I used bought blank postcards as a base for them and plan to bind them all together with my BIA.  Here is my January page...using vellum again as we will be using the same materials as on the blog...



This time I have stamped Leonardo DaVinci onto the vellum & stapled him to the card...ouch!!!  The stamp is by Katzelkraft, love it.

I used from The Craft Barn:
Card
Sizzix Tim Holtz Bigz Pine Tree
calendar
Katzelkraft Vinci Vitruve

The special offer for you over at The Craft Barn this week is...
10% off WALNUT HOLLOW metal tool kits: Beginners & Mini Tool Kit.  Use the code VELLUM10 at checkout
 
Thank you for popping by, HUGS xxx

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Ooh fab job honey, I love both of them. The AI's work brilliantly on the vellum, looks wonderful. Your Leo stamp works perfectly too, can't wait to see the calendar in full, it will be gorgeous.
Huge huggles x x x x

Maggie said...

Great vellum project Karen and your calender page is gorgeous, can't wait for the challenge to start!!