Followers

Tuesday 8 October 2013

I Believe!

Yes, I really do believe in Faeries!!!!  There I said it :D  No doubt there are those out there who would say that I am as mad as a box of frogs but never mind.  *The Craft Barn* have started to sell the gorgeous and exquisite  Lavinia stamps which I love and we are all playing with them this week :D  I have made up a little hanging with my selection.  I didn't turn out anywhere near what I wanted though but I hope you like it.  My favourite part is the wings which are drying on the line haha!  This picture really doesn't do the piece justice as it just about glows, sorry!!!


For the background I made coloured 'waves' but using a piece of copy paper cut with a wiggly ine as a guide, adding the different Kaleidacolor Inks with a sponge. Then I add some colour through some sequin waste (Fresco Guacamole). Taking Archival Ink in Cobalt I stamped the Acorn House and Wings onto some card and the Wings, Fairies and 'Believe' onto tissue paper. These were gently torn out and attached to the canvas with Multi-Medium. I then went over the whole board with the multi medium.  The tissue paper itself won't show then.  The Acorn House was coloured with Inktense pencils and then the house and the wings (on the card) were covered with clear glitter. I cut out the house & wings and glued in place before adding some Treasure Gold around the edges and on the house. Some wire was attached to hang the picture by.

Thank you for popping by xxxxx

Kaleidacolor Rainbow Ink Pad - Berry Blaze
Treasure Gold - Classic
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Medium - Matte
Archival Ink - Cobalt

8 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW!!!! LOVE this Karen! It is SUPERB!

Love all the wings hanging up! BRILLIANT!

XXX

Gio said...

I don't believe in fairies , but I truly believe about the gorgeouness of your piece. It's quite magical!

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous darling, sooooooo magical. Those stamps are amazing!!
Ha ha ha, you know I believe too and am more than happy to share the box of frogs lol.
Huge huggles x x x x

Sandy said...

Hey Karen -- I believe to and I love your canvas. Fairy houses are wonderful places to see but you have to be very careful and not step on them!!
Sandy

Cocofolies said...

hahaha, still an expression I didn't know to put in my notebook, thank you my lovely! (i.e. "to be as mad as a box of frogs", makes me really smile !!!) That's being said, I love these Lavinia stamps I didn't know yet and what you do with them on this dreamscape, so beautiful!!!... Your hanging with these wings on the line is gorgeous Karen, I love your colours too all is fab. HUGS Coco xxx

Traceyr said...

I bet this looks gorgeous shimmering in the sunlight. Nothing wrong with believing in faries Karen. x

:)

Diane Warburton said...

It has to be said; you are rather a clever lady but hey, we all knew that already :-) This is lovely Karen with such good use of techniques.

Of course I don't believe in fairies because I'm far too sensible for that!!!!!! ..... now you can get up off the floor from laughing :-) xx

nefertiti said...

A fabulous piece Karen! I love it!!bisous