Followers

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Gelatos?

Hellooo!  I have been trying out the new-to-me Gelatos.  For those that don't know what I am on about they are by Faber-Castell and look like crayons.  They are water soluble and come in some amazing colours.  But rather than be too ambitious I chose to keep it simple and make a card with my first play....a rather bright girly card :D


Using a piece of card and the Tropical set of Gelatos I just scribbled some random shapes. These were brought alive and blended with a wet finger (they blend beautifully). When dry I over stamped the piece with a Woodware Clear Magic Stamp (Grasses Background) using Archival Ink in Plum. While this was drying I coloured some card with the blue and stamped a sentiment in the same ink. These two pieces were mounted onto some silver Mirri Card. Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card in Craquelure was stamped onto a card blank using Brilliance Dewdrop Ink in Pearlescent Orchid. The card was assembled as shown and a matching ribbon added.

Thank you for popping by my lovelies , Take care xxx

Gelatos Sticks - 4pack - Tropical
Woodware Clear Stamp - Grasses Background
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Craquelure
Lindsay Mason Clear Stamps - Don't Be Afraid
A4 Mirri Card - Silver
Archival Ink - Plum


12 comments:

Gio said...

This card is just perfect, Karen. The background is beautifully blended, and the crackle' effect the right touch.

Angelnorth said...

Looks lovely Karen, the Gelatos made a fab background for that stamp!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, fab colours as always and I love the composition, very striking. Ha ha ha that background stamp is amazing and works perfectly behind your other elements, superb.
Huge huggles x x x x

Hazel said...

This is beautiful. Think I need to investigate these x

Kaz said...

That's beautiful Karen, I love the colours and the quote xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

Great card, love the sentiment.
Corrie x

G Peplow said...

Beautiful work Karen, you chose pretty colours and what a fab sentiment!! Really inspirational! :D Gay xx

Carol Plume said...

Georgeous card Karen xx

Cocofolies said...

A fab first try my dear Karen !!! I missed time to tell it you as soon as I caught sight of it, but I was itching to tell you LOL! HUGS Coco xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

BEAUTIFUL card Karen. I love the colours you have chosen. Gelatos are definately going on my Christmas list!!

Hugs, Gez xx

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Karen - I think Gelatos are a lot of fun and such rich colors.
Sandy

Diane Warburton said...

wowsers Karen! 12 comments including this one!! This is clearly a very popular project and I can understand that completely. You clearly really enjoyed doing it too, which makes it even better xx