Followers

Tuesday 7 January 2014

I can see clearly

Hello lovely blogging friends :-D

Over at The Craft Barn we are taking another look at ACETATE, not my favourite thing I have to say.  But I was inspired by the lovely and talented *Helen Shilton* to have a go at colouring a stamped image with alcohol ink.  The secret is to paint the back to bring out the colours and also it takes away all that angst of attaching it!!!!!


The acetate section is 3D as its stuck on with sticky pads.  Here is a close-up...


A fairly quick and easy card to make!  There is a downladable PDF over at *THE CRAFT BARN BLOG*

Thank you for coming to see me, take care, HUGS xxx

Crafty Individuals Stamps – CI-389 Tea at Three
Kaisercraft Paper Pad - Vintage Timeless
Copic Markers - BV13, G14, V17, E37
PaperArtsy Fresco Paint - Snowflake

10 comments:

chrissie said...

It may not be your favourite thing but you have made something very special I think. Beautiful stamping

Love Chrissie x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely card with a very pretty image!

Kaz said...

It's very pretty Karen, I'm with you on acetate!! xxx

Kath said...

A beautiful card, Karen. It looks so stylish and delicate.

Hazel said...

This is very inspirational, Karen. I have lots of acetate and hardly ever used it - you might have inspired me to get it out. Your card is beautiful - my kind of colours. xx

Dawn said...

This is beautiful sweetie, sooooo pretty. Hmm if I remember rightly I know what this is ear-marked for, she will love it I'm sure.
Huge huggles x x x x

BJ said...

It's lovely Karen and super colours too. BJ

Kathy said...

darn it! Just wrote my message and got a "service unavailable" error message.
Anyway, I said something like; I love this project and how painting on the reverse makes the colours glow. I also said that I've something I want to try out on acetate but as it's not one of my favourite things I don't use it often and obviously I can't find the flipping stuff now I want it!

Traceyr said...

Very clever Karen and acetate is something I don't think I have ever made a card with. Yours is fabulous.

:)

Cocofolies said...

Ooh, is it so lovely!!.. and I absolutely love this stamp too and the way you couloured and embossed it! Thank you Karen, I will download your PDF, I prefer as I never used Acetate combined to Alcohol inks before, so your tips will be probably precious! xxx