Followers

Monday 12 January 2015

USING EMBOSSING FOLDERS!

Hello, I am starting our week of using embossing folders on Tando Chipboard.  I have chosen to try the thicker chipboard that Tando use to see if it will go through my Sissix.  I used an old Cuttlebug embossing folder that I had so it was a bit tight...but, yes, it goes through with a bit of muscle!!!!   I also used various designs to see how they would look:


It certainly gives them a whole new look doesn't it?  I chose the TWINCHIE to work with and coloured them with Faber-Castell Gelatos.  They look a bit messy at this stage:


But once I had added some Treasure Silver the pattern shone through more and the colours looked more blended.  I stuck them onto a little 2inch square handmade book that I had in my stash and added the word 'Smile' and a few beads.



So you can push the heavier Tando through with an embossing folder and you get lovely results.

If you like using embossing folders then why not enter our challenge?  Each week we are inviting you to play along with us and at the end of the month we will draw out a lucky winner for fabulous prizes.  Link up your work *here*.

Thank you for looking today, Hugs xxx

2 comments:

chrissie said...

What a great idea. Will definitely be trying that

Love Chrissie

Gio said...

Love your experiments. Never tried to emboss the Ttando chipboards, I have to try. Adorable minibook!

Thank you for your offer, Karen, I would like very much to use it. Soon I will send you one of my video, so you can tell me if it's clear. Thank you!